Start the School Holidays with a Bang at Oz Comic-Con!
What better way to start the school holidays off than with a fun-filled visit to Australia’s premier pop-culture expo, Oz Comic-Con, exploding to life these school holidays in Brisbane 23rd-24th Sept) and Sydney (30th Sept-1st Oct)!
There’s everything a kid could wish for-awesome activities, colourful costumes, fantastic special features and unique retailers selling those must-have goodies.
The best news is that Oz Comic-Con won’t break the budget, with children twelve years or under absolutely free with every adult ticket purchased! Infants aged four and under are also free.
Kids will also have the opportunity to get up close and personal with some of their favourite stars. They can meet Aquaman star Jason Momoa and learn to draw with top comic book artists such as Nicola Scott (Wonder Woman), Paul Mason (Kid Phantom) and. Plus there will be exclusive Marvel and Star Wars content on the show floor. With more to be announced in the coming weeks there are guests for fans of every genre, with each taking part in professional photograph and autograph opportunities across the weekend, as well as question and answer panels.
- Family Activity Room- where Mum, Dad and the kids can laugh, learn and share in family-friendly activities all weekend.
- Gaming Zone- where screen and tabletop gaming meet. Whether you’re at home with a controller or strategic board moves are more your thing, the gaming zone has games for all skills and ages.
- Kids Cosplay- your little cosplayer can enter the kids’ cosplay parade as their favourite character.
- Playtime Arcade Games- little kids (and big kids!) can get their game on with arcade games for free. PLUS all OCC attendees will have free game play at their favourite local Playtime.
- Cosplay Central- the place to be for all things Cosplay: special guests, local costume displays, a Cosplay Photo Gallery, and more. The Brisbane finals of the Australian -Championships of Cosplay will also be held at Oz Comic-Con Brisbane, followed by the Sydney heat, and the national finals taking place in Sydney.
- The Anime Station- put your feet up and relax in Oz Comic-Con’s Manga library or take in an Anime flick in the screening room.
- Artist’s Alley- featuring world renowned comic artists including Nicola Scott (Wonder Woman/ Superman/ Teen Titans), Andrew Constant (Kid Phantom), Jason Franks (X-Men/ Justice League), Paul Mason (Kid Phantom) and W. Chew Chan (Superman Returns, Mad Max: Fury Road, Iron Man). Young fans will be able to meet the creators behind their favourite works, have their favourite comics signed, and up-and-coming young artists will have the chance to get some insider advice from the professionals.
This is only a brief taste of what can be discovered in the school holiday paradise that is
Oz Comic-Con Brisbane and Sydney.
Oz Comic-Con dates:
Brisbane: 23 -24 September at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Sydney: 30 September -1 October at the International Convention Centre Sydney
With early bird tickets now on sale, it’s the perfect opportunity to secure your pass to Australia’s favourite Pop Culture Expo.