Robert De Giovanni
As Marketing Director at Raffles College of Design & Commerce, I have been acquainted professionally with Ms Sophie Blue through her company Blue Planet PR for one year . Raffles College is part of the Raffles Education Corporation, Asia Pacific’s premier creative design and business education provider with a network of 38 colleges and 3 universities across 14 countries, including locations such as China, India, Malaysia, Mongolia, Thailand, New Zealand, Vietnam and Singapore.
During that time, Ms Blue has been the appointed Public Relations provider for Raffles College, assisting the Marketing department with the promotion and publicity for various events across the eight disciplines offered at Asia-Pacific’s premier private design education provider. Blue Planet PR is contracted for a further year to promote college activities, centred mainly around the following events:
• Graduate Exhibition at Carriageworks showcasing student work across 8 disciplines and attracting 2000 guests (students, families, media and VIP industry guests).
• Graduate fashion Collections: Carriageworks
• Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia (MBFWA) :promoting seven Raffles’ emerging fashion designers and their brands at Raffles International Showcase.
• Raffles International Showcase ‘Pop-up’ showroom- The Rocks, Circular Quay.
• China Graduate Fashion Week: promoting 12 emerging raffles’ fashion designers across China and introducing the Raffles brand to develop the market further- Biftpark, Beijing, China
• Into View: Photographic exhibition and workshops- Central Park,Broadway.
• DesignEX: Interior Design showcase,installation and company exhibit- Glebe Point Island Convention Centre.
I have found Ms Blue to be the ultimate professional, friendly and polite, always able to deliver outcomes for the institution, which went well beyond our brief. She possesses sound business judgment, the ability to anticipate key market forces and trends, and an extensive working knowledge of the design sector- particularly in relation to the apparel industries and fashion communications.
I have no hesitation in recommending Ms Blue as a sterling manager and provider of public relations and its attendant operations: press co-ordination, event management, stakeholder liaison and strategic marketing.